AIM AND SCOPE
The Malaysian Journal of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery (MJOMS) is the official publication of the Malaysian Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (MAOMS). The journal will be published annually.
The mission is to elevate the quality of patient care and to promote the advancement of the practice, education and research in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery in Malaysia. It is intended to cover the widest possible practice of the following:
- Aesthetic and reconstructive surgery including temporomandibular joint disorders
- Trauma; oral surgery and implantology including preprosthetic surgery
- Tumours and Oncology with emphasis on clinical management and repair of subsequent defects
- Pathology and dysmorphology of the oral and craniomaxillofacial region
- Medicine with patient management of orofacial disorders and clinical pharmacology
- Research and development including applied Basic Medical Sciences
The contents of the journal include invited editorial, original articles, case reports, original research papers, review articles, technical innovations, book reviews and calendar of events.
© 2002 The Malaysian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means without prior written permission of the copyright owner.
Statements and opinions expressed in the articles and correspondences are only those of the authors and do not reflect the opinion of the Editors, Publisher or members of any appointed advisory panel nor the reviewers. The Editors and the Publisher disclaim any responsibility for such material and do not guarantee warrant or endorse any product or services advertised in this publication nor do they guarantee any claim made by the manufacturer of such product or services.